Statement from Sergio De Michele – Managing Director, Silver Group UK
While we enter uncertain times due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to ensure our clients and staff that we’re taking mandatory government procedures that reflects Public Health England guidance. We’re currently operating ‘business as usual’, with added precautions to support our clients by maintaining their security and fire safety systems. We’re committed to protecting our clients and their premises during the coming months as our country tackles the virus outbreak. There is no change to the existing level of service we’re providing and subject to change; we’ll make sure our clients are informed. We’re regularly keeping up to date with all necessary guidelines and planning for all eventualities.
As a trusted company to many businesses across the UK, including schools, care homes and housing associations who rely on us to keep their premises safe, we’re acutely aware of our responsibility to make sure we get things right during this outbreak.
We’ve implemented various measures to assure the safety and wellbeing of our engineers, office staff and customers, as we deliver services to organisations in some cases, vulnerable members of the public.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures:
- No physical contact within the workplace and externally, no handshakes etc.
- Hygiene improvements – washing hands or use of antibacterial gel
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing using tissues
- Minimise travelling on public transport
- Strict non-essential visitor policy, video conferencing where possible
- Engineers asked to wear gloves while on site
- Engineers to give the option to client not to sign the electronic tablet to reduce contact
We understand that this is an extremely difficult time for many businesses, and we wish to assure you we’re doing everything possible to continue to provide the level of service you can always expect from Silver Group.