Oakbridge Homes are a Hertfordshire based residential building firm. Founded in 1995, they have gained a great reputation for the development of luxury new homes throughout Hertfordshire, Essex and South Buckinghamshire. Oakbridge Homes pride themselves attention to detail, perfected on high-end ‘signature’ properties, backed by an industry leading level of client relations and after sales service.
Better protection needed
Oakbridge Homes were already using Silver Group services. They were using an existing vacant property security solution, but for various reasons, the system was not delivering the security required. Oakbridge Homes were not alone in the risks they faced. The UK has been suffering an increasing amount of theft and trespass on building sites and vulnerable properties.
The statistics are stark:
• Plant theft costs UK construction £800m per year.
• 92% of their respondents in the construction industry are affected regularly by theft.
• 500 machines stolen monthly from construction and rural sites.
• Rising copper and metal theft.
With such a costly risk, Oakbridge Homes contacted Silver Group for advice on how to improve their construction site security. In a moment of great timing, Sergio De Michelle of Silver Group had just launched the ‘Silver SiteSecure’ service for vulnerable properties.
Silver SiteSecure is an alarm security system that is quick to install, cheap to run and can be fully monitored 24/7 by an NSI (NACOSS) Gold monitoring station OR by your own mobile device. Silver SiteSecure© requires nothing from the building itself- no power, phone line or internet connection.
Protecting the construction sites
Oakbridge Homes had two sites being constructed. The first was in Hatfield where 28 luxury flats were being built and the second was in Redbourne where 9 luxury flats needed protection. Both sites were in the middle of construction and at various stages of risk, with expensive building materials having to be left on site as well as plant, cables and tools.
After a site survey, Silver Group immediately installed the Silver SiteSecure solution on both sites:
• Portable motion detection CCTV cameras were installed at selected locations.
• No power or internet was required.
• The site foreman was trained in minutes.
• Any movement picked up from the cameras would result a 10 second video clip being sent to the NSi (NACOSS) Gold approved monitoring station or customers mobile device.
• Appropriate action could be taken by the monitoring station or the customer and if necessary police response requested.
One of the main benefits of the service is that Silver Group deploy, test and train the customer in just a few hours. This enables construction site security to be implemented very quickly. When the service is no longer required and the properties are secure, Silver Group simply decommission and collect all the equipment from the site.
Oakbridge Homes found the speed, ease of use and level of security exactly what they were looking for. More importantly, the cost to provide such a level of cover provided an excellent return on investment which exceeded physical security costs. Oakbridge Homes are now deploying Silver SiteSecure to more sites across the home counties.